Protecting Your Neighbourhood

PCSO (Police Community Support Officer)

Police Community Support Officers, also known as a PCSOs, work for Kent Police to help the public and support police officers. The role of a PCSO is to reduce crime, fear and antisocial behaviour in the community.

PCSO’s aim to provide a visible and reassuring presence in the neighbourhood. This means they spend around 80 per cent of their time patrolling their patch on foot or bicycle. They act as a highly visible point of contact and help to deter nuisance crime and anti-social behaviour.

Our local PCSO is Emma Coyle and she can be contacted by emailing


What to do if you need urgent Police help through the 999 service but can’t speak – Make Yourself Heard Guide

To read Emma’s latest PCSO Report, please click on the link below:

PCSO Newsletter July 2020

Kent County Council (KCC) Community Warden

Kent County Council’s Community Warden Service was established in 2002 to help make Kent’s communities safer places in which to live, work and play.  Community Wardens are accredited by Kent Police under the Community Safety Accreditation Scheme (CSAS).

KCC Community Wardens work closely with Police, local authorities and other agencies and are a useful source of information. They can:

  • Raise community awareness of problems such as bogus callers preying on vulnerable people in their homes.
  • Address environmental issues such as fly tipping, graffiti and vandalism by reporting to the relevant authorities.
  • Engage with the young, elderly and vulnerable in activities such as youth clubs and sporting events, coffee mornings and advice surgeries.

Please note, the Community Warden is not:

  • A replacement for the police
  • An emergency service or response team
  • Parking Wardens – wardens cannot issue parking tickets.

Our local Warden is Kevin Finnon and he can be contacted by calling 07969 583918 or emailing

To read Kevin’s latest report, please click on the link below:

KCC Community Warden Update 11-06-2020

Exercises for Older People Poster

101 – Police Non-Emergency Number

101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police – when it’s less urgent than a 999 call. 101 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

When to call 101?  You should call 101 to report less urgent crime and disorder or to speak to your local officers.

For example, you should call 101 if:

  • your car has been stolen
  • your property has been damaged
  • you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Or to:

  • report a minor traffic collision
  • give the police information about crime in your area
  • speak to the police about a general enquiry

All police non-emergency contact numbers are ‘101’ no matter where you are in the country or which force is required.

Country Eye

Country Eye is a partnership between the rural community, Kent Police and Neighbourhood Watch.

The aim of the partnership is to help reduce crime and the fear of crime by involving all members of the community and protecting those who are most vulnerable. Membership is open to individuals, businesses or community organisations.

Country Eye is administered locally in each of the six Kent Police areas by the local Neighbourhood Watch liaison officers. They are supported by volunteers. Information is circulated daily to all participating groups.

Joint Working

The police cannot work in isolation. Country Eye promotes the sharing of information and the gathering of crime-related intelligence. This is achieved by using modern communication methods and the co-operation of Country Eye’s many rural partners.

These include: 

  • landowners
  • parish councils
  • libraries
  • schools
  • river and waterway organisations
  • horse watch
  • wildlife organisations
  • post offices
  • local businesses
  • rural churches

Download the new Country Eye App at  To read more about the App click the link: Country Eye Description.

Useful Reports

Kent PCC (Police Crime Commissioner) Spring/Summer Newsletter

Rural Matters Spring 2020 Newsletter

Latest Rural Task Force Report